Gainesville, FL (PRWEB) January 12, 2009
With business owners and executives experiencing slumping sales and tightening their belts everywhere they can, there is a pervasive and ongoing exodus of marketing dollars out of print, radio and television and into Online Marketing. Businesses of all sizes are becoming more aware of the effectiveness and high ROI of generating leads through the development of their own personal brand of web system.
Top Ten Jorn and Price Internet Marketing predictions for 2009.
10. Continual Keyword Research is now more important than ever as the web marketing landscape becomes more crowded. Most companies would be wise to re-analyze their choice of keywords right now. If a company's focus or positioning has changed or if they've added new products or services, a new keyword list is in order.
9. RSS subscriptions will increase dramatically. Consumers are becoming more savvy and particular about the information they take in from the web and already many people would be more likely to subscribe to your RSS feed than your e-mail list. This trend will continue as the awareness and popularity of RSS feeds will rise substantially.
8. Websites that focus on entertainment will do very well. Entertainers have always expanded their influence and thrived during tough economic times and in 2009, consumers will land more and more on creative and engaging video, art, music and news sites.
7. Despite the fact that total ad spends will be down, there will be huge increases in corporate spending on Internet Marketing and Advertising in 2009, due in large part to advances in geographical targeting, greater local advertising opportunities and a general need for all businesses to be included in relevant search results. This welcome change represents a great opportunity for search marketing firms to start new relationships and expand existing accounts.
6. User-controlled advertising will become a viable marketing tool as consumers embrace the idea of dovetailing with advertisers to provide only ads that are relevant to their interests and hobbies. Bloggers and site owners that sell advertising space will love it because they'll experience higher click through rates and higher returns. YouData.com takes the lead in user controlled advertising in 2009 and forges a path to an entirely new way of thinking about paid internet advertising.
5. In the world of Search Marketing and SEO, content remains king. Quality blogs rule the Google rankings thanks to fresh content on a regular basis coupled with lots of linking. Article marketing to bloggers and news sites will be one of the best ways for site owners to cut through the clutter of search results and target prospective clients directly.
4. New online startups will be everywhere. There are lots of very skilled people that have been and will be laid off or asked to take unacceptable cuts in pay. Many of these people will decide to go into business for themselves rather than fight a tough job market.
3. There will be a significant rise in large corporations use of social media. This will prove to be wildly successful for some and a complete disaster for most. In the close knit world of social networking, greed is punished immediately. Companies that focus on making friends and sustaining relationships through permission marketing and providing useful content are guaranteed success. MySpace and Facebook will remain the 900lb gorillas in social marketing and contrary to popular belief, Twitter isn't a fad. Twitter will continue strong growth and is a great marketing tool for companies that respect the privilege of attention.
2. The line has become quite blurred between the online experience and television and the use of Video Marketing will continue to expand in importance. YouTube's domination will continue and interesting or exciting video will be a wonderful tool for the creative web marketer.
“Drum roll please, the #1 most important change in 2009 to Internet Marketing is…”
1. Google will begin to incorporate user's actual preferences into their search algorithm! Personalisation and customization of search results will wreak havoc on many search marketers, as Google makes major adjustments to its search algorithm to place a heavy emphasis on how consumers actually use the returned results. Ultimately this makes Google's flagship product even better. Will mark the death of the “black hat”. Search optimisation era. Spammy, irrelevant sites and directories that are ranking but are useless to consumers will no longer reside on the first page and the cream rises to the top in 09. Legitimate businesses have nothing to fear. On the contrary, they've reason to be excited as their high rankings will increase in importance and trustworthiness as the most genuine value of the internet, relevant search results, is preserved and expanded thanks to this wonderful advance.
In 2009, Internet Marketing and Advertising will witness explosive growth. Tweak your site, make some money, give relentlessly and have an absolutely phenomenal year.
This article was written by Christian Jorn, President and CEO of Jorn and Price Marketing Inc., Internet Marketing and Website Promotion company based in North Central Florida, with offices in Gainesville and Ocala. This article is posted in its entirety at Website-Marketing.pro, to contact me directly send mail to Christian (at) Website-Marketing (dot) pro