National Babysitting Expert Offers Social Media Safety Tools for Parents and Sitters: SeekingSitters Offering a “Sitter Guide” with Special Safety Tips
Tulsa, OK (PRWEB) October 31, 2012
As social media continues to explode online. Do the number of teenagers who participate – with Facebookand now Instagram topping the list in popularity. The statistics show more people – including more young people – are using both sites.
Did you know that there are over 12 million individuals actively playing Facebook Texas Hold'em poker actively each month? You will find huge amounts of folks getting into on the internet social gaming - although it is far from new Zynga has made it a lot more available. There is a enormous network of participants on Facebook enjoying Texas Hold'em at no cost and getting new buddies, at any point in the day you will notice around 150 thousand people logged on.
Why is it so addictive? Why are a great number of people spending hours playing around on...
????More than 1 billion people are on Facebook
- ????More than 100 million people are using Instagram
- ????More than 14 million Facebook users are between the ages of 13 and 17
- ????More than 1 million teens and tweens are on Instagram according to Nielsen
This rise in popularity can mean safety concerns for parents and babysitters. That's why [SeekingSitters, a nationwide, full service babysitting referral company, has a special “Sitter Guide” that addresses the safety concerns and solutions. it's called “S.T.Y.L.E. –. A Complete Guide for Babysitting Success” with a special section on social media. The goal is to educate parents and babysitters to help them protect children at home and online, specifically on social media websites such as Facebook and Instagram.
- ????Online predators can use social media to find the exact location of potential victims through sites like Facebook and Instagram
- ????When someone tags a photo or “checks-in” at a park or other location, a predator can track that and find a potential victim
- ????Geotagging tells predators where you're or where you've been
- ????Even though Instagram requires users to be 13 or older, there is no system in place to enforce that age requirement
- ????While Instagram’s geotagging system can be disabled it can easily be turned back on by accident
- ????There are several “safe” social media sites for kids including Scuttlepad, Togetherville and Franktown Rocks
- ????Never post pictures of children while babysitting
- ????Don't “check-in’ while on sitting events
- ????Smart phones are for emergency calls only and communicating with parents or SeekingSitters management
- ????Disable geotagging on any devices while on a sitting event
- ????No surfing online while working a sitting event
“At SeekingSitters, safety is our number one priority for our families and sitters. We require our sitters to follow strict social media guidelines that we implemented several years ago. As Social Media evolves, we continually update those guidelines. This guide allows us to share our knowledge with all families,” said Adrienne Kallweit, Founder of SeekingSitters.
Kallweit is a mom of three children and a licensed private investigator. She founded SeekingSittersafter discovering a need nationwide for safe, reliable babysitters. The company’s in-house private investigators and thorough background screening system is what sets them apart. Their investigators perform a hands-on screening of all sitters and member families.
SeekingSitters is nationwide and does all of the work for families. They find and screen all babysitters, schedule all babysitting jobs for member families and handle all payments through a specialized online system. There are currently 57 locations in 23 states,
“S.T.Y.L.E., A Complete Guide for Babysitting Success” can be purchased online at http://www.seekingsitters.com. For more information about SeekingSitters. To set up an interview with Adrienne Kallweit about social media safety, babysitting tips or any other topic related to child care or background investigations, contact Diane White at (918) 770-3905 or diane(at)seekingsitters(dot)com. You can find out more at http://www.seekingsitters.com.
Founded in 2004 in Tulsa, Okla., SeekingSitters is a nationally recognized babysitting service providing reliable, convenient and safe babysitting solutions for families, from last minute childcare needs to regular scheduled services. The company started franchising in 2006 and currently has 57 locations in 23 states. Founded by Adrienne Kallweit, a Licensed Private Investigator. Her husband David, SeekingSitters has an in-house investigation agency that provides hands on background screening of the contract professional sitters as well as all member families, ensuring the safest, most enjoyable experience for all SeekingSitters’ member families and referred professional sitters. SeekingSitters was named to Inc. Magazine’s list of 500 fastest growing private companies in 2010. The company was also the winner of Tulsa’s First Annual Entrepreneurial Spirit Award in November 2007 and was named one of the “25 Best Women-Owned Businesses” by Working Mother Magazine in 2008. SeekingSitters has been featured on Fox &. Friends, CNN and CNN Headline News, CBS Early Show, in Entrepreneur Magazine and on the CNBC Show “The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch.” For more information, please visit http://www.seekingsitters.com.