To know how to create a WordPress marketing blog, you can get some general help from the WordPress website itself. But before you actually start adding content to your blog, you must first go through many steps of preparation. Below are outlined the basics to set up the proper structure to maximise the effectiveness of your blog:
1. Get your own domain name. There are many registrars online where you can purchase your own domain name. Most of them are under $10 per year, excluding additional features like privacy. There is one I'm aware of that includes privacy, saving a few more dollars right up front. That registrar is 1and1.com. Whoever you choose, be sure to pick a good name that reflects the theme of your future blog.
There are numerous ways to get started. The first step you need to take is to put fresh, relevant content on your blog regularly. Use your keywords in the title of your posts and in the body. Be careful to not put so many keywords in that it will not make sense to the reader. Remember, you are writing for people also, not just the search engines.
Having RSS feeds can be a great marketing tool. This will put your blog all over the internet and give you many links back to your site. The more links you have,...
2. Get your hosting account. Next, you'll need to get a hosting account somewhere. Again, there are many great ones. Try to find one that offers affordable prices with unlimited capacity. That way, if you get really excited about blogging and perhaps building additional blogs and websites in the future, you won’t have to worry about your bandwidth. One of the top host companies that meets that criteria is Host Gator.
3. Change your DNS. At this point, you’ll have to go back to your registrar and change the Domain Name Server (DNS) to point your new domain name to your hosting site. There are usually simple directions for accomplishing this found in the help section of your registrar’s website. You can call their customer service for help.
4. Upload WordPress on your hosted domain. If you get one of the professional hosting accounts, they'll come will an administrative centre like a control panel which will include Fantastico so can easily upload WordPress with a few clicks. It’s mostly an automatic process.
5. Customize your blog. Now you're ready to find a “theme”. That you want for your blog. There are many free templates to choose from. You can search within WordPress or do a search on the Internet for themes. Once you find one you like, you'll upload it and then go through the setup for that theme.
6. Complete settings for your blog. From within your WordPress admin panel, you'll complete settings and add additional functionality to your blog such as plugins and other widgets.
7. Design structure for your blog. This is the final step before you actually start adding content to your blog. To be most effective for the search engines and the your human visitors, the pages and content needs to be carefully planned. One structure often recommended is the “silo”. Structure with top tier keyword pages that cascade down into related and more specific topics.
Remember, after you learn how to create a WordPress marketing blog for business purposes, your primary purpose is to deliver valuable content and capture leads so you can continue your marketing while building trust. You can offer your products and services at a later date after you've built a foundation of trust. A well-structured blog with regular posts will start to get more traffic and ranking in the search engines. It'll be the centrepiece of your marketing efforts that'll pay you dividends over the long haul. It's your real estate on the Internet. Build it carefully and thoughtfully and you'll be creating a valuable asset.
Joe Jacobson is a WordPress consultant and Internet marketing coach helping small business owners create an online presence. You can access more detailed free training for how to create a WordPress marketing blog [http://internet-mlm-training.com/mlm-training-program/create-your-own-wordpress-marketing-blog/] and well as additional information on how to create your marketing sales funnel.