by Jeff Newton
Google is famous for developing new programs and then ditching them when they don’t work out. Anyone remember Google Wave, Google Buzz and now Google Reader? While many have predicted a very similar fate for Google , an addition to this may just save the day. Google Hangouts is Google’s latest addition. One that really has lots of usefulness. (Particularly for marketers!)
Video streaming is rapidly becoming the chosen vehicle for webmasters to get their message across to visitors much easier. Initially, the cost of video streaming put it out of reach of most people and as technology has advanced, the cost incurred for streaming videos has reduced.
There are many different formats available to create streaming video with the most common formats being:
1. Adobe Flash (FLV)
4. Windows Media
All formats have distinct advantages and disadvantages, with the ultimate decision coming down to personal preference. However, FLV has emerged as one of the strongest contenders in the video streaming market...
Google Hangouts – So what's it exactly?
The short version is that Google Hangouts are a good way to connect with other people via a live video chat, one that can be recorded and used in various platforms and in many different ways. Joined at the hip to your Google account, a hangout is extremely easy to launch. It's a goldmine of interesting features for marketers. You can host a hangout with as many as ten other people. Many others can view live at your YouTube channel, Google page. A web page. Google records the whole affair. Delivers a YouTube URL to you after you’re done, that you can then easy use in your marketing in a number of ways.
BOOK REVIEW BY- Ms. SHAILI VADERA, LECTURER, RESEARCH FELLOW- Amity Business School
Over the last three decades the importance of Entrepreneurship and its significant role in the development of the under-developed and the developed nations has been recognized for example: increasing the employment opportunities in both rural and urban sector, channelization of investment, tool for revenue generation, creation of wealth, reducing regional imbalances, improvement in per capita income of weaker section of the society, encouragement of women entrepreneurs to name just a few. This book provides comprehensive and detailed account of various aspects of a successful Business...
How to use Google Hangouts in your marketing
There are tons of ways to integrate Google Hangouts into your marketing. Here are 10 ways people are using effectively.
- Webinars – Sick of expensive GoToWebinar fees? Now you've a no cost alternative!
- Conferences – Simple to setup teleconferencing makes a Hangout a no-brainer for sharing a conference experience.
- Meetings – Hold meetings for clients, customer, prospect or affiliates on an informal. Immediate platform.
- Product Launches – A creative way to create positive buzz on launch day. (Or before!)
- Interviews – Interviewing people made easy with Hangouts! Recorded. Transcribed.
- Product Demos – Show people what you’ve got, live and in person!
- Virtual Press Conference – Share newsworthy items via Hangouts.
- Live Streaming Events – Many marketers are now using Google Hangouts as their own live TV station, broadcasting weekly shows.
- Q &. A with Customers – Engage with your customers live and answer their questions and concerns.
- Podcast from your Hangout – Making a Podcast to share through iTunes is quite easy to accomplish.
If you’re not using Google Hangouts as an element in your marketing mix, you’re definitely losing out on a great opportunity to engage with your audience in a more intimate, immediate way.